As is the tradition or pattern of results collation in Ondo State elections, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has received results of the governorship election held on Saturday, from 17 out of 18 local governments, awaiting that of of Ilaje Local Government, which is usually the last to reach Headquaters in Akure.
NSCDC official on patrol during Ondo Gubernatorial election on Saturday
Official results by the INEC officials from the local governments are being collated and announced as they come in.
The contending candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr Rotimi Akerdolu (SAN) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Mr Eyitayo Jegede (SAN) are in a tight race while Olusola Oke of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) trails them.
The Chief Returning Officer for the governorship election is Prof. Abdul Ganiyu Ambali from the University of Ilorin
Below is the results according to local government as at the time of filing this report.
Collation of results in Ondo Governorship election at INEC HQT, Akure.
(1) AKOKO North/East LGA Accredited Voters: 31129 – APC : 13,645 – Official PDP : 6496 AD: 5867 APC Wins
(2) Akoko South East LGA Accredited Voters: 14,036 – APC : 6,384 – Official PDP: 4,239 AD: 2, 270 APC Wins
(3)AKOKO South West LGA Accredited Voters: 40,719 – APC : 19,892 – Official PDP : 7,691 AD: 9,359 APC Wins
(4)AKOKO North West LGA Accredited 30,369 – APC : 13,048 – Official PDP: 6,049 AD: 4,831 APC Wins Note: Result of Akoko North did not match the total votes cast. The officer was asked to go sort it out for re-announcement.
(5) Akure North LGA Accredited Voters: 24,076 – APC : 10710 – Official PDP: 6498 AD: 4128 APC wins
(6) AKURE SOUTH LGA Accredited Voters: 69, 916 – APC : 25,797 – Official PDP: 25,005 AD: 12,270 APC Wins
(7) ESE-ODO LGA Accredited Voters: 25,563 – APC : 10,700 – Official PDP: 8,701 AD: 3,562 APC Wins
(8) IDANRE LGA Accredited Voters: 25,957 – APC : 10,981 – Official PDP: 7,575 AD: 4836 APC Wins.
(9) IFEDORE LGA Accredited Voters: 24501 – APC :10958 – Official PDP: 6747 AD: 4629 APC Wins
(10) Ile-Oluji/Okeigbo Accredited Voters: 26281 – Official PDP : 8,306 AD: 4525 SDP: 144 @APCNigeria : 10681 APC Wins
(11) IRELE LGA Accredited Voters: 26,225 – APC : 11,138 -Official PDP: 5,907 AD : 6,710 APC wins
(12) ODIGBO LGA Accredited Voters: 39,174 – APC: 17,581 – Official PDP: 8,668 AD: 8,187 APC Wins
(13) ONDO East LGA Accredited Voters: 15987 – APC : 4253 -Official PDP: 7317 AD: 2742 PDP wins
(14) ONDO WEST LGA Accredited Voters: 40,028 – APC : 10, 672 – Official PDP: 17,382 AD: 7,154 PDP Wins INEC on recess, to reconvene and continue with collation at 6am. INEC resumes collation.
(15) OKITIPUPA LGA Accredited Voters: 43,518 – APC: 14, 930 AD: 16,294 – OfficialPDPNig: 8,031 AD Wins Note: Also, the Okitipupa LGA result did not sum up. The INEC officer Was asked to go and sort it out for re-announcement.
(16) OSE LGA Accredited Voters : 26,548 – APC : 13,454 – OfficialPDPNig : 6,520 AD: 4, 272 APC Wins
(17) OWO LGA Accredited Voters: 42,759 – APC : 32,988 – OfficialPDPNig: 4,241 AD: 2,469 APC Wins The Okitipupa LGA result issues has been sorted out. The issue is with the invalid figures and not the figures of the parties.
Meanwhile, some security agents deployed for Saturday’s governorship election in Ondo State slept in some police formations as they claimed that their allowances had not been paid.
Policemen on election duties in Ondo on Saturday
It was gathered in Okitipupa that the security agencies involved included the Police, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps as well as the Department of State Security (DSS).
Some of the security agents, who spoke on condition of anonymity claimed that they slept in any available police station in their area of deployment and were unable to feed well because of unpaid allowance.
“Those that do not have relatives here slept over in the police station and we also had to make arrangement for feeding because our allowances were not paid, ” one of them said.
(Visited 51 times, 1 visits today)