Alhaji AbdulWaheed Shittu Obalakun has emerged the new National President of League of Muslim School Proprietors Worldwide (LEAMSP).
He and the new officers were elected at the National Conference of the association held on 2nd and Nov. 3, 2018, at the Islamic Mission For Africa(IMA) Centre in Abeokuta, Ogun State.
The 2-day conference with the theme “School Business in the 21st Century: Paradigm for Sustainability” attracted dignitaries such as the Permanent Secretary of Ogun State Ministry of Education, Science and Technology and other officials of the ministry, Ogun State Commissioner of police and Lagos State Commissioner of Home Affairs Dr.Abdul Hakeem Abdul Lateef.
The former President of the association, Alhaji Tijani Mikail Taiwo in his address emphasized the need for funding of education Nigeria. He called on the government to increase the funding to education and monitor how the funds are utilized for the betterment of the stakeholders especially the teachers and students.
As the 2019 elections come closer, Alhaji Tijani called on electorates, politicians, security agents and INEC to eschew any activities that could devalue the credibility of the elections.
Vote buying and selling, ballot box snatching and intimidation of electorates at the polling units should not be allowed, he said.
He encouraged youths to shun drug abuse and criminality and be focused if they want to attain the leadership of this country.
The Guest Speaker Dr Abdul Hakeem Abdul Lateef who was represented by Dr Ibrahim Ogunkoya,a lecturer at the Olabisi Onabanjo University Ago-Iwoye,Ogun state encouraged participants to truly see education as a trust which is the motto of the association and work towards delivering quality educational service to the students always which is what would make them remain relevant in the ever dynamic school business environment.
He charged participants follow laid down principles which would make their schools sustainable.
1) National President: Alhaji AbdulWaheed Obalakun(Lagos)
2) Vice President (Inspectorate): Antonio Sulaimon (Lagos)
3)Vice President (Standard&Research Development): Lukmon Alatise(Ogun)
4) Secretary: Raji Yekini(Lagos)
5) Ass. Secretary: AbduSalam Otunba (Oyo)
6) Fin. Sec.: Musa Oduola(Lagos)
7) Treasurer: Tawakalt Adepoju (Ogun)
8) Auditor: Mustapha Taiwo Agaka (Kwara)
9) Welfare& Social Officer: Tohibat AbduSalam Mobolaji (Kwara)
10) Information & Publicity Officer: AbdulAzeez Ajibola (Ogun)
11) Asset Maintenance Officer (AMO)1: Nurain Olaleye(Ogun)
12) AMO II: Sulaimon Adeyanju (Oyo)
13) Ex-Officio I: Tijani Mikail Taiwo (Lagos)
14) Ex-Officio II: Ibrahim AbdulKareem (Lagos)