Khashoggi’s body parts found in garden of Saudi Consul General’s home – Sky News source

Body parts belonging to murdered journalist Jamal Khashoggi have been found, according to Sky News sources, who added that he had been “cut up” and his face “disfigured.”

Jamal Kashoggi, the Saudi journalist, allegedly murdered in Saudi Arabia Embassy in Istambil, Turkey on Oct 2, 2018

Jamal Khashoggi, the Saudi journalist, allegedly murdered in Saudi Arabia Embassy in Istambul, Turkey on Oct 2, 2018

The news comes after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan demanded Saudi officials reveal the whereabouts of Khashoggi’s remains after the Saudi government admitted Khashoggi had been murdered, albeit in a “fist fight with officials inside the consulate in Istanbul.

Speaking before the Turkish parliament on Tuesday, Erdogan said that “the evidence we have so far collected indicate that Jamal Khashoggi was slain in a vicious, violent murder,” planned in advance by the Saudi government.

Turkish sources have maintained from the start that Khashoggi was tortured, killed, and dismembered inside the consulate, and claim to have audio recordings of the journalist’s final minutes alive.

According to Erdogan, the individuals named by Saudi Arabia as suspects in the murder are also the same as those identified by a Turkish investigation.

Mr Khashoggi was a known critic of the Saudi government and the country’s crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman.

The Turkish president did not mention the crown prince in his speech, though officials linked to the royal have been implicated in the killing.

Saudi Arabia has said the heir-apparent of the world’s top oil exporter was not involved, but any major decision must be signed off by the highest powers within its ruling Al Saud family.

Also read  Muslim women stage peace walk on hijab (head covering)

Mr Erdogan said Riyadh’s suggestion it was a rogue operation “will not satisfy us” and said there should be no diplomatic immunity for his killers.

He said 18 people had been arrested – three from the consulate and a further 15 who are believed to be part of a hit squad who flew to Istanbul to carry out the killing – and they should all stand trial in Istanbul.

“To blame such an incident on a handful of security and intelligence members would not satisfy us or the international community,” Mr Erdogan said in an address to the Turkish parliament.

“Saudi Arabia has taken an important step by admitting the murder.

“As of now, we expect of them to openly bring to light those responsible – from the highest ranked to the lowest – and to bring them to justice.”

“President Erdogan’s statement this morning underscores the fact there remain questions which only the Saudis have the answers to,” Prime Minister Theresa May’s spokesman said.

Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt tweeted he was “deeply concerned” to hear Mr Erdogan describe the Saudi dissident’s murder as premeditated.

SOURCE: rt.com, news.sky.com

(Visited 104 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>