Fire guts NNPC station in Lagos

NNPC fire 1

An NNPC service outlet went up in flame on Friday at Adura bus-stop on Lagos/Abeokuta Expressway on Friday afternoon, causing petrol attendants and buyers to scamper for safety on Friday in Lagos.

Men of the Lagos State Fire Service battling to contain infernor at an NNPC petrol filling station, along Abeokuta Expressway, in Lagos on Friday

Men of the Lagos State Fire Service battling to contain inferno at an NNPC petrol filling station, along Abeokuta Expressway, in Lagos
on Friday

The Renaissance reports that the fire was caused by a commercial Volkswagon bus in which fire sparked and engulfed the entire station within seconds.

It is an NNPC petrol filling station, located in Adura b/stop along Abeokuta Expressway, Lagos.

NNPC fire 2

A fuel attendant, who identified himself simply as Mudashiru, told The Renaissance that smoke started coming out of the LT commercial bus after buying fuel and in the process, caught fire, which spread to the roof.

The LT Volkswagon commercial bus from which the fire started

The LT Volkswagon commercial bus from which the fire started

The ugly situation forced people, who crowded service pumps with vehicles, motorcycles and jerricans to buy fuel, to scamper for safety.

“Motorists, commercial motorcycle riders and others with jerricans abandoned their things and ran for their lives,” the attendant, who pleaded anonymity, said.

Also, a soft drink hawker at the station said that she lost her wares worth 15,000 to theft as people ran helter-skelter.

(Visited 227 times, 1 visits today)
Also read  DSS apprehends kidnappers of UNIOSUN student

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>