The five-years-old twin children of Otun-Olubadan in Oyo State, who were kidnapped at Akobo area of Ibadan last week Thursday, regained freedom on Tuesday.
The twins, a boy and a girl, aged six were said to have been released by their abductors in Lagos.
Oba Balogun confirmed to newsmen that he paid a N10 million ransom before his children were released.
Mr Abiodun Odude, the state Police Commissioner, also confirmed the release.
After their release, the children were taken to an undisclosed hospital for medical check-up.
In his reaction, the Otun-Olubadan remarked that the ransom he paid was incomparable with the safe return of his children.
He said the mother of the twins, Mrs Funmilayo Balogun, had gone to Lagos to monitor the medical check-up of the twins and bring them back to Ibadan.
He stressed that the on-the-spot assessment by his wife showed that the children were released unhurt and they could have possibly reunited with the rest members of the family today (yesterday) but for the results of some of the medical tests carried out on them, is being awaited.
The Renaissance reports that the abductors had initially demanded N100 million but later reduced it to N40 million.
Balogun, who at a press briefing on Saturday pleaded with the hoodlums to release his children, offered to pay N5 million, but they rejected it.
“The kidnappers should please bear with me and return my kids, I am ready to do anything that will make them happy.
“I don’t want to endanger the life of my kids and I am not out to fight them because there is no reason for that,” Balogun said.
The gunmen had on Thursday, kidnapped the five-year-old twins of Balogun from his Akobo residence in Ibadan.